Energy Berry Popsicles
Energy Berry Popsicles
I’m no molly maker, so waking-up early to make breakfast is not part of my lingo. But I do buy into the whole “most important meal of the day…” schpeal. I recently found the quickest way to get breakfast done for me, is making my Energy Berry Popsicles.
PURE BERRIES + MAPLE SYRUP + SUPERFOODS
This Energy Berry Popsicle recipe is simple, only requires berries (no liquid) and a few superfoods to give it kick. I love nothing more than adding MACA ROOT POWDER (nature’s version of RedBull) and a good protein powder (I use Dr. Mercola’s). But you can use whatever you want, including: hemp hearts, chia seeds, spirulina, etc… sneak it in there, give it a try!
Berries are amazing for covering up taste, so kids won’t realize what goodness is snuck in there.
Before I put the berries in the popsicle trays, I don’t completely smash them to smithereens either. Leave it lumpy, crush the berries don’t pulverize them. It makes eating the popsicles so much tastier when you hit a huge chunk of pure fruit.
These popsicles are an instant breakfast! One pop out of the popsicle tray doesn’t get much easier! You can make a bunch in advance and freeze them for up to 1 month before they start to get freezer burnt.
Hope my Energy Berry Popsicle recipe is something that you’ll consider if you’re a breakfast snob like I used to be.
Energy Berry Popsicle Recipe
- Empty popsicle tray
- 2 trays raspberries
- 1 tray strawberries
- A few teaspoons of maple syrup
- A few teaspsoons of pure whey powder (I highly recommend Dr. Mercola’s GMO, Dairy Free HERE)
- 1 teaspoon maca root powder
- De-stem your berries, cut them into smaller bite size chunks.
- Rinse-off berries under water well (as you would any other fruit…)
- Toss back into a bowl and smoosh the berries with a potato masher. Like I mentioned earlier don’t over do it, leave some chunks in there. It makes the popsicles taste way better.
- After mashing the berries, add-in the superfoods and mix well.
- Spoon the berry mix into popsicle trays and freeze.
- Finally- EAT EM UP! I eat them for breakfast, but my boyfriend eats them all day, anytime lol- so whatever floats your boat.
De-stem your berries and cut strawberries into smaller bite size chunks. Put berries in a strainer.
Next, rinse berries under water (as you would any other fruit…) Transfer rinsed berries to a large bowl.
Add the superfoods to freshly rinsed berries…
Next smoosh the berry mix with a potato masher. Like I mentioned earlier don’t over do it, leave some chunks in there. It makes the popsicles taste way better.
Spoon the berry mix into popsicle trays and freeze.
Finally- EAT EM UP! I usually got for Energy Berry Popsicles for breakfast, but my boyfriend eats them all day, anytime lol- so whatever floats your boat.
You can change it up too, try new fruits, new superfoods, non-artificial sweeteners. Getting creative means you can have new pops to try every week. (Dropping a few blueberries in, is always fun too.)
It’s not hard to smash a few berries… right? Happy to share one of my simpler health hacks, energy berry popsicles are easy, yummy and quick too!