Can’t Sleep… Natural Sleep Aids
Natural sleep aids are available and can really help regulate your internal clock if you can’t sleep- here’s some recommendations…
I’ve experienced what I call “hell” but that’s me being overly dramatic… Really my problem was common- I couldn’t sleep. It’s draining, awful, and turned me into a demonic banshee of a woman.
Stress never helps and we all bear a fair amount. Winter also on the horizon can cause one to be lazy and stop exercising. This significantly affects one’s sleep patterns. I know many people who are convinced that the answer to a good night’s sleep begins and ends with your mattress meaning that it is of the utmost importance to choose the right one for you. So, whether that be the best mattress australia 2020 or something else, know that the power to change your sleep health is in your hands. Now, what about other ways to get some shuteye?
5 easy tips spelled-out:
- keep stress managed (yea, I know that’s an understatement but please stay with me here).
- try using CBD and THC products. I know this won’t be for everyone but CBD and cannabis products have been proven to be an effective sleep aid. Visit the Herb Angels brand here if you’re interested in finding more out about this.
- get off your butt and exercise. The effects of a good work on your sleep will be felt instantly. Go on YouTube and try 10min work-outs, 20 min work-outs etc… it’s free and your body will return the favor that night when you’re sleeping.
- go to bed clean and fresh. If you go to sleep in dirty, scratchy bedding you’re most likely going to feel irritated and find it difficult to nod off. One simple sleep aid you can consider is cleaning and softening your bedding. Having a shower before bedtime can also feel amazing and help you drift away.
- consider upgrading your mattress. Did you know that you’re supposed to change this around every 8 years? An old mattress can not only be uncomfortable, but it may not be providing your body with the support it needs during the night. If you feel like yours might need replacing, don’t forget to check sites like Raise to see if there are any savings to be had when shopping online.
Sleeping pills are also an option but need to really be considered since then can cause brutal zombie like hangovers the next morning… that’s when someone mentioned “MELATONIN” to me.
Melatonin is a natural sleep aid. Our bodies produce the hormone naturally and it goes into high gear a few hours before we’re ready for bed. Melatonin will help keep you asleep.
I went to the drugstore and found – JAMIESON MELATONIN STRIPS, chocolate flavor. That’s an understatement cause they taste like crap but since they melt on your tongue, it quickly gets into your system.
Next I reached for SLEEPY TIME TEA – the box with the bear on it!
It’s a tea filled with love, including; chamomile, spearmint, lemongrass and I think maybe some sleep fairies but that’s just my own observation.
I took all this starting Sunday night for an entire week, always 1 hour before bed. I can say it worked for me! It not only helped me fall asleep fast, I stayed asleep all night long until my alarm went off. The best part, the next morning I didn’t feel like a dead log. I could actually function well all day since I got in a legitimate sleep.
If you have suggestions for natural sleep aids, please share!