Liebster Award Nomination
Well call me shivers and slap me timbers I got nominated for the Liebster Award! I feel like that time in kindergarten when I got clown cones for my birthday.
ENTER THE LIEBSTER AWARDS- big shout-out to AJ @FortifiedBeauty – www.fortyfiedbeauty.com for bringing laughs through her blog and helping smaller blog like mine chug along
The point of the LIESTER AWARD is to help new blogs (typically 200 Twitter followers or less but no rules are set in stone…) get their name out there, spread the good word.
I’m honestly so pleased that I managed to get nominated for this! Thank you to all my lovely readers for making my dream a reality. I’ve worked so hard at this, and yes I know that I still have a lot to learn, I promise you that things will just get better. I’ve already started learning about how to make sure I get High Quality SEO for my blog (with the help of some professionals), so things are definitely going to improve from this point onwards!
The rules are simple- when you get nominated:
) Answer the questions sent to you
2) Nominate 11 bloggers
3) Ask them 11 questions thought of by yourself
4) Notify them that they have been nominated
HERE’S MY ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS FORTIFIEDBEAUTY.COM SENT ME:
1) If you had to give one piece of advice to a new blogger what would it be?
Don’t do it for money, you’re dreaming. Do it to make new friends, and learn something new everyday
2) Name one of your life goals?
To always let those who I hold dearest never doubt how much I love them. If I could get a mom tattoo on my arm without looking like a jailbird, trust me I would. Luv ya momzies!
3) What colour describes your personality and why?
Neon pink- I’m hard to miss, loud, and opinionated. Take it or leave it, I dig strong women, with strong voices. When we come together, damn we’re a force.
4) Who is your beauty/fashion inspiration?
I’ve always had a soft spot for Betsey Johnson. She’s her own. She inspirational and independent. She’s survived hardships and loves tutus and skulls in her prime… need I say more!
5) What scares you the most about getting older?
I don’t fear getting older, for over the last 32yrs I have only grown wiser. Wrinkles are earned not given. Nothing is more attractive than a powerful woman who can hold herself at 18 or 81yrs old.
6) What words of advice would you give to 13 year old you?
Your wise to listen to your parents and fear consequences to any and all your actions… Of course, growing-up I despised my parents as most teenagers at that age for they were VERY STRICT and disciplinary. I now understand why they so valiantly protected me and how much hardship they saved me from. I love them and am thankful everyday to have that bond. (but damn I was a pain in the ass… lol)
7) Name one of your New Year’s Resolution?
To write my own book! I’ve been writing for this blog for so long that I think it’s the next natural progression. I’ve already learnt so much about plot devices and Book Layout Design and publishing!
8) What is your current favorite item of clothing?
I don’t know why I had this image in my mind of “Guess Clothing” as this too expensive, too classy for me type deal… but wow was I wrong. When I finally ventured into their store (based on a %50 off sign) I was blown away! I got 3 pairs of pants and a dress for under $200! They’re all my favorite new items and I’m so happy to finally share this story lol!
9) What perfume do you wear?
Everywhere I go I get asked about it and I love it! It’s very HARD to find, it’s from France and the entire line is the best interpretations of how vanilla and spice should combine on a woman’s skin. It made by “LA MAISON DE LA VANILLE” – included in their line is the one I have used for over a decade called: EAU NOIRE DU MEXIQUE (it helps my second language is French when trying to find it)
I can count at least 5 girls who now order it with me – you have to try this stuff if you’re a vanilla fan! I get it on Ebay, Amazon, wherever I can. It’s not easy to find but worth a good hunt…
10) Can you sell your blog to others in just one sentence? Show me …
Pretty parade of organic fun times with ladies ready to shine… (Doesn’t that just roll off your tongue lol)
11) If I made your choose over mascara or lipstick which would you choose & why?
Hands-down, not a second thought mascara- I don’t really wear lipstick but once I slap on mascara my face gets an instant uplift. I’m very thankful to the mascara goddesses…
NOW FOR THE FUN STUFF, I GET TO ASK 11 QUESTIONS BACK AT LADIES WHO I KNOW CAN INFLUENCE THE WORLD FOR THE BETTER…
- What was your last Halloween costume?
- You’ve won a trip to anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- Do you remember the first time you said “I love you” to someone?
- What haircut/style do you most regret?
- First live music concert?
- What was your first blog article ever?
- What’s your favorite candy?
- What’s your favorite pair of shoes at the moment?
- What online store do you shop at most?
- What did you do on your first date?