DIY Rosehip Oil Whipped Lotion
DIY Rosehip Oil Whipped Lotion
Excited to share probably my most asked for lotions I make, my DIY Rosehip Oil Whipped Lotion. A simpler version, only 4 ingredients! Anyone can make this whipped body luster, easily at home.
The benefits you’ll reap from using this simple, but powerful rosehip lotion are endless!
SEE IT ALL IN MY VIDEO HERE:
Please from me a “LIKE”, “COMMENT”, or even better “SUBSCRIBE”! Your skin will thank you!
If you missed any recipes details from the video or prefer to read along? Here’s the full “BLOG VERSION” of my “DIY Rosehip Oil Whipped Lotion”
WHY I LOVE ROSEHIP OIL:
- fades scars
- helps w/skin & sun damage
- generally MAKES SKIN BEAUTIFUL again!
Great on all skin types, soaks-into skin quickly! Helps balance your skin’s natural oils + naturally cleanses. IT’S REALLY THAT GOOD
Where I Buy Rosehip Oil?
Be weary when buying natural oils, there’s so many with cheap fillers, or bad quality. Personally, I buy mine from LEVENROSE.com. You’ll always get a pure product, organic, plus high quality from them!
- Expiry: 1 year
- Smell: none
Since we’re blending a FACE LOTION it’s void of any waxes (LITTLE INFO – beeswax/calendula wax can sometimes clog pores, avoid them on your face…) One thing I’m REALLY good at is making lotions that land on the perfect consistency/texture. Trust it took me year of fails to figure this out.
PLEASE STICK TO THE MEASUREMENTS – you’ll be fine… (OPTIONAL: use essential oils for scenting only if you please…)
SUPPLIES / INGREDIENTS
- Double-boiler pan
- Electric hand-mixer
- Kitchen scale
- 150 grams Shea Butter
- 1 ½ tbsp Coconut Oil
- 3 tbsp Sweet Almond Oil
- 1 tbsp Rosehip Oil
- (optional) Essential Oils for scenting
Let’s get MIXING!
- Prepare your double-boiler – get water in the bottom portion… (want water heated to slow boil to melt product in pot above)
- Measure shea butter on kitchen scale, drop-in to double-boiler
- Add in the Coconut Oil
- Heat until completed melted. Liquid must be 100% clear
- Remove from heat and pour into a glass / ceramic bowl
- Add rosehip oil now
- Put hot liquid in fridge (10 to 15min) to cool down
- Remove & quickly whisk + scrape sides with a spatula – to get the liquid moving, cooling faster… Return to fridge 10 min.
- Keep doing this until the lotion is no longer CLEAR or liquid (usually takes about 30 min.)
- Once liquid has stabilized into a solid, creamy feel – no longer a liquid + has cooled – START beating with electric mixer (medium speed to start)
- While beating the butters, SLOWLY add the sweet almond oil (& optional essential oils now)
- Keep beating with electric mixer (on high speed) for several more minutes until lotion looks & feels fluffy/whipped! 5 min. to 10 min. is sufficient…
Store in amber or non-clear jar. EXPIRY: 6 months
Apply this DIY Rosehip Oil Whipped Lotion on FACE/NECK, OR BODY!
Both day or night (great base for makeup application too)! After applying, follow-up with a good ROSE TONER. It’ll soak-up any excess oil!
Warning: TEMPERATURE SENSITIVE
Prime example… Don’t leave this lotion in your purse on a hot day, unless you want cream soup! Like coconut oil, it goes to clean liquid when heated… So will this DIY Rosehip Oil Whipped Lotion. Keep is always stored in a cool, dark place!
CONCLUSION – DIY Rosehip Oil Whipped Lotion
Great for anti-aging, fading scars, balancing sebum, restoring natural shine – and ALL SKIN TYPES! Do you need more convincing? A simple, only 4 ingredients that you can use from head to toe. Plus, anyone can whip it up easily!
Thanks for watching my latest DIY skincare potion!